I help build products, libraries and tools to make sense of data. In my work, I
- talk to people to identify problems, data sources and outcomes
- clean, analyze and communicate insights from data
- identify technology, algorithms and frameworks to solve problems
- develop and deploy machine learning models
- automate patterns of insights and product-ize reusable components
- build scalable data applications
and I use
- Python, R, SQL for data (analysis, engineering)
- Stats, Machine Learning, Visual Storytelling
I leverage and contribute to open-source projects. You can find my OSS work at github.com/pratapvardhan
I build data interactives to tell stories from insights. Here’s some of the recent ones.
2018 Indian State Elections interactives for Telangana, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Mizoram, Rajasthan
AAP Political Party Donations interactive to explore trends in donations received by the Aam Aadmi Party
To be updated …
Some of my work gets mentioned in the media. I also write data driven articles sometimes.
Here’s a list of my previous talks.
Some of my work is publish in academic journals. You can see them on google scholar.
Some useful datasets I helped publish.
- NFHS-5: CSV fact sheets (states, districts) for National Family Health Survey (2019-20)
- PMGSY Rural Facilities Dataset 2020: 770K geo-tagged rural facilities in India
- Misc datasets: curated datasets at one place
Few other projects 🛠️
Flags of the world explores flags of the world to see similarities in colours, symbols and patterns.
Swachh Survekshan dashboard to explore Cleanliness index of Cities, surveyed as a part of the Swachh Bharat Mission.